10 Great Reasons for a Short Break
Cornwall is an all year round destination and from a traditional beach holiday to a bracing winter walk, visiting one of the county's gardens, celebrating an event or just a break with a group of friends or family, there are lots of reasons to choose Cornwall! Some of our properties only accept short breaks out of the peak season, so please check the property details for up to date information.
• The Food - from award winning restaurants and beach cafés, to delicious Cornish pasties and a cream tea, Cornwall is renowned for the quality of food on offer (take your pick from Nathan Outlaw, Rick Stein, Ben Tunnicliffe, Jamie Oliver and Emily Scott and many others).
• The Beaches - spectacular beaches on both the north and south coasts of Cornwall - great for walking, sandcastles, exploring the rockpools and watersports.
• The Walking - with over 300 miles of dramatic and spectacular coastline, walking the South West Coast Path offers beautiful views and a chance to capture the essence of Cornwall's mining heritage.
• The Festivals - whatever the time of year there's always a festival going on somewhere to celebrate food, fish, music, Cornish produce and life!
• The Gardens - the Great Gardens of Cornwall, including Caerhays and Trewithen, are absolutely spectacular in the spring with the camellias and magnolias in bloom but also great places to visit throughout the year. Heligan is a real treat.
• The Wildlife - explore the beaches and coastline to experience a closer look at nature, from dolphin and seal spotting, to crab catching and bird watching, we
• The Watersports - explore the county by water and why not try kayaking, surfing, swimming, sailing and diving.
• The Heritage - with a great history in mining and china clay, there's plenty of opportunity to find out more about Cornwall's intriguing heritage.
• The Attractions - as a holiday destination there's lots to keep the whole family entertained, from a visit to the giant biomes at the Eden Project, to the National Maritime Museum Cornwall, outdoor theatre at the Minack and indoor theatre at the Kneehigh Asylum.
• The Creative Arts - the landscape of Cornwall has inspired many a painter and creative artist and throughout the county you will find many galleries and studios selling the wares of Cornish artists, sculptors, woodworkers, jewellery makers, potters.
Short Breaks are generally available in properties in mid and low season - please refer to the specific property you wish to book to check that a short break is acceptable during the period in which you wish to book. Where short breaks are accepted, these are for a minimum of 3 nights.
If you are unable to book online for the dates required, please call our team on 01726 832965 and we'll be happy to help.